Why Book on Etiner?
We provide help before and during your trip, so your only concern will be to enjoy.
Create your perfect trip in minutes and you will have flexibility in changes and returns
Book directly with local Operators and at the same price as at the destination.
Etiner traveler discounts
Obtain up to 20% discount on associated restaurants and services.
# of bookingsNew!
alarmStart time08:00 hrs
Guided tourEspañol, Inglés, Portugués
The Toco hill, 'Roca' in Kunza, is one of the closest mountains to San Pedro, its proximity to the Alma project and the Chajnandor valley, make it one of the most accessible mountains in the area, perfect for those who do not have mountain experience, but if for those who have the motivation to climb one of the 5000's of the Atacama salt flat, the route to its summit, has a 300-meter slope, at a distance of 1.6 km, through a terrain with an average slope of 19 ° and a maximum of 35 °. Its perfect location gives it a privileged view among its neighbors, since from its summit you have a close view of the Juriques and Licancabur Volcanoes, Laguna Blanca, and of course, the Atacama salt flat.
After the pick-up at the lodge, we head towards Cerro Toco, located 47 km from San Pedro de Atacama (approximately 1 hour drive). At the base, an equipment check will be carried out, and the ascent instructions will be given. If the conditions of the group are optimal, we will go up to the summit of the hill to 5604 meters above sea level. Once the objective of the group is fulfilled, we will begin the descent to the base, to then return to San Pedro de Atacama.
- Basic team:
- Marching ration
- Pick up and return to lodging.
- Pd: If you need another item, such as clothes or shoes, inform beforehand.
- Does not include water.
- Thermal clothing or suitable for low temperatures:
- Superior, 3 layers.
- Trekking pants more thermal inside
- Shoes suitable for half mountain (with high cane and grip).
- 2 liters of water per person.
- Pregnant women
- Children under 15 years old,
- People with cardiac, respiratory problems, or that prevent him from moving through his means.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour. With option to return 80% of the canceled value.