Booking this tour is temporarily unavailable
Why Book on Etiner?
Book directly with local Operators and at the same price as at the destination.
We provide help besfore and during your trip, so your only concern will be to enjoy.
Create your perfect trip in minutes and you will have flexibility in changes and returns
Etiner traveler discounts
Obtain up to 20% discount on associated restaurants and services.
alarmStart time06:00 hrs
Guided tourEspañol, Inglés
Cusco - Km. 82 - Wayllabamba
Very early the staff will pick you up from your hotel, we go by bus to Piskacuchu, a community located at kilometer 82 of Cusco - Machu Picchu, starting point of the Inca Trail. We begin our walk across the bridge over the Urubamba River and walk along its left bank as it flows northwest along the Sacred Valley. Following the route along a flat terrain, we arrive at Miskay 2800m, then ascend and finally see, from the top of a viewpoint, the impressive Inca city of Llactapata 2650m. We continue the trekking, gradually climbing for five hours until we reach the community of Wayllabamba where it is night of campamos.wayllabamba Inca trail
Wayllabamba - Warmiwañusca - Pacaymayo
After breakfast; We begin the most difficult part of the walk, going up to Abra Warmiwañusca 4200 meters, (where the Woman Dies) we can see llamas and domestic alpacas that graze in the ichu, one of the few plants that grow at high altitude. We will also cross an area of the so-called foggy forest, passing through Llulluchapampa. In the pass, we have a spectacular view of the Andes before starting the descent to the camp in Pacaymayo.pacaymayo Inca Trail
Chaquicocha - Phuyupatamarca - Wiñaywayna
This day is the longest but also the most impressive and the most interesting. From Pacaymayo we go up to the second step, the Abra of Runkurakay. Halfway, we stop to visit the archaeological complex of the same name consists of a small oval structure, which is believed to have served the purpose of a watchtower. After passing the pass, we will descend to Yanacocha (Black Lagoon) and enter the cloud forest to finally reach Sayacmarca. This is a beautiful complex formed by a semicircular construction at different levels, narrow streets, liturgical fountains, courtyards. Then our walk takes us to Wiñay Wayna an impressive Inca complex and an agricultural center with numerous terraces, a religious sector and an urban sector, near which our camp is located. This campsite houses a hiker's pavilion, a bar and bathrooms with a hot shower. After visiting the impressive archeological site, we enjoyed our farewell dinner at our camp. Winaywayna Inca Trail
Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu
We start our trail very early towards Inti Punku or Puerta del Sol, where we have a spectacular and panoramic view of Machu Picchu. Then we walk to the Sanctuary for a guided tour of Machu Picchu. Visit the many sacred temples and more. To climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu we can choose one of the two groups at 07:00 am or 10:00 am. We make the hike to the mountain of Huayna Picchu that will take us about an hour, but it is really worth it, the view is impressive and the experience will be unforgettable. Enjoy it and recharge energy. After that we walk to Machu Picchu town where we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then the bus to Cusco.
Check availability before booking.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata.
- Tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Tent, dining room and kitchen.
- Chairs, tables and dining room.
- First aid kit.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide, cook and assistants.
- The following meals: 3 x lunches, 3x dinners, 3x breakfasts (vegetarian options).
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping bags.
- Personal care items.
- Additional horse
- Tips for the guide and the carrier.
- Breakfast the first day, lunch and dinner.
- Strong shoes for walking or tennis.
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- A bottle of water.
- Cap.Waterproof / Poncho.
- Long-sleeve shirt.
- Long and short pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunblock with a UV Factor of at least 40.
- Toilet paper.
- Plastic bags.
- Camera and extra batteries.
- Personal items.
- Lightweight backpack
- Passport or identity document up to date.
- It is not recommended for patients with back problems.
- It is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious ailments.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Cancellations with 72 hrs. in advance they opt for a refund of 50% of the cost of the activity.