Why Book on Etiner?
We provide help before and during your trip, so your only concern will be to enjoy.
Create your perfect trip in minutes and you will have flexibility in changes and returns
Book directly with local Operators and at the same price as at the destination.
Etiner traveler discounts
Obtain up to 20% discount on associated restaurants and services.
# of bookingsNew!
alarmStart time04:30 hrs
Guided tourEspañol, Inglés
Mollepata - Soraypampa
The first day of the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu will start with the hotel pick-up at 4:30 am to go by bus to the town of Mollepata, where we will enjoy our breakfast and then continue our trip on the same bus until we reach Challacancha (3600 masl) which is the starting point of the Salkantay trek, our walk lasts 3 hours in which we can appreciate the flora and fauna of the Peruvian Andes, ends in our first camp called Soraypampa, where we will also enjoy a nutritious lunch, after enjoying a well-deserved nap we will go to the Humantay lagoon, a lagoon that is surrounded by the imposing apus of Humantay and Salkantay.
Soraypampa - Chaullay
We take our breakfast Approx. at 5:30 am and we begin our hike to the top of the 4650 masl walk located in the middle of the road between 2 mountains Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left the famous Umantay. We will enjoy the view of 2 snowfalls, after a rest we will continue our walk through a forest cloud towards huayracpunku where we will have a lunch, then we will go to our second camp located in chaullay or colcapampa 3000 meters above sea level
Chaullay - Lucmabamba - Llaqtapata
After breakfast around 8 am, we will go by bus to Lucmabamba. From there we walk to the ruins of Llaqtapata in approximately 2 hours and after a short break, we will descend for another half hour to the accommodation in Llaqtapata. We will have lunch in this amazing place with an impressive view of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu and free time for the rest of the afternoon to relax, explore the area or go horseback riding. Then we will have a traditional Peruvian dinner and have a good night's rest to prepare for the next day.
Llaqtapata - Aguas Calientes
This day, after a good breakfast we begin the descent for approximately 1.5 hours to the Ahobamba river where the bus awaits us. Those who booked in advance will zipline or go to the hot springs near Santa Teresa. The rest of the group will go to the meeting point in Hidroelectrica where the whole group will join for lunch after the activities. After a little rest in this place, we will continue walking along the train track that leads through this great Inca jungle towards the town of Aguas Calientes or also known as Machu Picchu town. We walk for about 3 hours. On the way you will find beautiful waterfalls, different Eco farms and possibly the curious wildlife of your arrival in the region (arrival set for around 4:00 pm). In the evening we will all meet at a local restaurant to enjoy a great dinner and have a briefing about our next excursion to the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu the next day. Here the group will spend the night in a hostel.
Machu Picchu - Cusco
On the last of the trek to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, we get up early in the morning around 4 am and then have breakfast at 4:30 am and then take a walk to Machu Picchu, which will take an hour and a half to reach Machu Picchu to appreciate the magnificent city of Machu Picchu as well as the sunrise. We have guided in Machu Picchu (approximately 2 hours) after this you can explore the mysterious city of Machu Picchu by yourself. if you still have energy you can also climb the mountain of Huaynapicchu (2720m) which will take 45 minutes to reach the top, the latter is optional. Return to Cusco, if you want an extra night in Aguas Calientes, it can be arranged. (Please let us know if you would like to stay an additional night when booking your trip).
Check availability before booking.
- Professional bilingual guide and a guide assistant (for a group of 10 or more people).
- Bus to mollepata.
- Tourist train back to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Food: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches 4 snacks in the afternoon (hot drinks and popcorn) and 4 dinners.
- Professional chef
- Quad stores for two people.
- Camping equipment (kitchen and dining room, chairs and tables).
- Floor mats.
- Arriero, mules or porters (to load camping equipment and food).
- 1 night of lodging in hot waters.
- Oxygen balloon for some emergency.
- Vegetarian option
- Entrance to Salkantay National Park (30 soles or 10 dollars) in case you require a ticket.
- The first breakfast in mollepata and the last lunch in hot waters.
- Entrance to the hot springs (Santa Teresa 5 soles).
- Hot waters (10 soles).
- Sleeping bag.
- Hot water bus ticket to Machupicchu (optional) 12 dollars up or down (6 dollars) and you usually buy this at the hot water bus station. Bottle of water horse.
- Mountain hiking shoes or tennis shoes.
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- Hat or cap.
- At least one bottle of water.
- A good layer of rain.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long and short pants.
- Insect repellent.
- A sunscreen with a UV factor of at least 40.
- Toilet paper.
- Plastic bags.
- Medical or personal items.
- One light backpack per person.
- Camera and charger.
- Some money.
- It is not recommended for patients with back problems.
- It is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious ailments.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Cancellations with 72 hrs. in advance they opt for a refund of 50% of the cost of the activity.