Why Book on Etiner?
Book directly with local Operators and at the same price as at the destination.
We provide help besfore and during your trip, so your only concern will be to enjoy.
Create your perfect trip in minutes and you will have flexibility in changes and returns
Etiner traveler discounts
Obtain up to 20% discount on associated restaurants and services.
# of bookingsNew!
alarmStart time03:00 hrs
Guided tourEspañol, Inglés
We will start the Colca Canyon Trekking with the pick-up at your accommodation between 3:00 am and 3:30 am . by private bus After 3 hours of travel, we will stop in the town of Chivay where we will have breakfast.
We will continue with direction to the Cruz del Condor, where we will be between 45 minutes and 1 hour observing the fabulous flight of the condors and the depth and geography of the canyon.
We will continue to the town of Cabanaconde, located at 3287 meters above sea level, where we will begin our trek to the viewpoints of Pampa San Miguel. From there we will begin our descent, making a walk of approximately 3 hours to the Colca river. We will cross a suspension bridge to reach the hostel in San Juan de Chuccho where we will have our lunch.
Later we can meet some fruit trees and medicinal plants in the area. To end the day, we will have dinner in an hour to be defined.
We will have breakfast at an agreed time before then continue our tour through the depths of the canyon visiting the towns of Cosñirhua - Malata . We will continue on our way to the Oasis Sangalle - Hotel: Paradise Lodge, where we will arrive at approximately 12:30 am. We can rest and spend some time in the warm pool before having lunch. In the afternoon we can make small excursions through the exotic places of the oasis or do demonstrative fishing on the river (optional).
After dinner, we can make a fire next to the guide.
We will start the day at 5:00 am to start the ascent to Cabanaconde. At the top we will have breakfast and then board the private bus to go to the Chivay district.
- Mirador de Antahuilque, where we can appreciate the Inca terraces of the Colca.
- Town of Maca where we will see a colonial church, we can take pictures with domesticated eagles and camelids, acquire Colca crafts and try the sour colca.
- We will continue to the town of Yanque and we will go to the thermomedical baths with 38ºC, where we can enjoy its relaxing waters for 1 hour. We will continue to Chivay, have lunch and continue on our way to the city of Arequipa.
- Patapampa viewpoint, where we can appreciate the southern volcanic chain.
- National Reserve, to see wildlife (vicuñas, birds and others) and domesticated camelids (llamas, alpacas and others).
We will arrive in Arequipa at 5:00 pm , approximately.
- Pick up from hotel tourist
- Round trip tourist transport
- Professional bilingual guide
- Lodging at San Juan Family House Hostel
- Oasis Sangalle Overnight - Hotel: Paraíso Lodge
- 3 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 2 dinners
- 3 breakfasts
- Tourist ticket
- Entrance to La Calera hot springs (S. / 15)
- Last lunch Chivay
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun hat
- Light clothes and warm clothes
- Waterproof jacket (January-April)
- Hand or headlamps
- Not recommended for people with heart and pressure problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for children under 13 years.
- Not recommended for over 50 years
- Cancellations 36 hours in advance opt for a 100% refund of the activity cost