Why Book on Etiner?
We provide help before and during your trip, so your only concern will be to enjoy.
Create your perfect trip in minutes and you will have flexibility in changes and returns
Book directly with local Operators and at the same price as at the destination.
Etiner traveler discounts
Obtain up to 20% discount on associated restaurants and services.
# of bookingsNew!
alarmStart time05:00 hrs
Guided tourEspañol, Inglés, Portugués
Lascar volcano, "tongue of fire" in Kunza, is the father of all the volcanoes of the Salar de Atacama and the most active in the region, surprising us with an eruptive show every one or two years. Impressive view of the crater of more than 500 meters in diameter and the postcard of the summit that contemplates the Laguna Lejía, the Salar de Aguas Calientes, and to the east, the imposing volcanoes Simbad and Acamarachi. The maximum inclination of the ascent has 35 °, and an average of 25 °, an unevenness of 600 meters, and a distance of 3.5 km to the summit; Recommended for mountaineers who are starting.
After the pick up at the lodge, we head towards the Lejia lagoon, located about 99 km from San Pedro de Atacama (approximately 1 hour 50 minutes on the way). In this place, it will be breakfast. Then, we will continue on our way to the base of the Volcano. At the base, an equipment check will be carried out, and the ascent instructions will be given. If the conditions of the group are optimal, we will visit the crater of the volcano, and its summit at 5593 meters above sea level. Once the objective of the group is fulfilled, we will begin the descent until the base, then return to San Pedro de Atacama.
- Basic team:
- Marching ration
- Pick up and return to lodging.
- Pd: If you need another item, such as clothes or shoes, inform beforehand.
- Does not include water.
- Thermal clothing or suitable for low temperatures:
- Superior, 3 layers.
- Trekking pants more thermal inside
- Shoes suitable for half mountain (with high cane and grip).
- 2 liters of water per person.
- Pregnant women
- Children under 15 years old,
- People with cardiac, respiratory problems, or that prevent him from moving through his means.
- Cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour. With option to return 80% of the canceled value.