We invite you to live the Total Eclipse of the Sun 2019 in a rural property located in the Elqui Valley, in a private event with the guarantee of your contemplation of the first three phases and the panoramic view of the pre Andes Mountains.
Observing a Total Eclipse of the Sun can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. For those who know this reality and have already anticipated their reservations to stay in the Elqui Valley or La Serena on July 2, we invite you to participate in our private event where we will guarantee you the best conditions to observe this total eclipse: ELQUI ESTELAR - TOTAL ECLIPSE 2019 Tuesday July 2, an exclusive event in an agricultural and natural environment.
You can bring your own telescope and / or camera as the place is wide, we will have security and a privileged panoramic view.
ELQUI ESTELAR Event Program - ECLIPSE TOTAL 2019; The service will begin with transfer from the location of your hotel to the location of this great event, in transit we will deliver souvenir bag programming with certified glasses, jockey, blanket and tickets. At 9:00 the day officially opened.
Contemplation of the total solar eclipse. Each participant will have a chair to be located in a large place with a panoramic view of the first 3 phases.
Beginning of the Partial Eclipse (15:23)
Start of Total Eclipse (16:38)
End of Total Eclipse (16:41)
End of visibility partial eclipse (17:33)
End of partial Eclipse (17:46)
After the Eclipse we will have the following activities:
Mountain sunset; fire and music to celebrate, together with local artists, the beauty and charm of the Elqui Valley
Observation of celestial objects of the Southern Andean Sky
Elixir de Elqui: tasting of pisco cocktails and beers produced in the Elqui Valley
Andean snack: warm snack
Returns scheduled for transfer to your lodging location: 1st departure 6:00 pm - 2nd departure 7:30 pm - 3rd departure 22:00 hrs.
Land of 1.5 hectares of elevation 730 masl (2,400 ft)
Latitude 30 ° 02 40 S
- Welcome buffet breakfast in outdoor dining between 9:30 and 11:00 am
- Talk Waiting for the eclipse in the auditorium: safety and scientific aspects of stars that will be visible during the Eclipse; dictated by Rodrigo Monarde, astronomical guide.
- Keynote speech Archeology Astronomy in auditorium: the first observers of the Andean South sky, agricultural calendar and worldview; dictated by Patricio Bustamante, researcher of Arqueoastronomía since 1983 to date with various publications
- AstroEduca Workshops: aimed at children and adolescents where we will exercise with didactic methodologies to understand some laws that govern nature
- Co-creation: we invite you attendees who are motivated to share their experience or knowledge to give a talk and / or workshop
- Picnic lunch in outdoor dining from 12:30 to 14:30 pm.
- You can bring your telescope with certified sunscreen
- Certified lenses
- Camera with filter
- The facilities are not suitable for people with reduced mobility, we are sorry :(
- Single non-refundable event