Cusco - Soraypampa
They will pick us up from our lodging at 5:00 AM in the direction of Mollepata by bus , arriving around 9:00 AM to meet the riders who will take our camping equipment . After this we will ascend the Saillapata mountain for 4 hours to stop for lunch around noon. Then we will walk to our camp in Soraypampa to arrive around 5:00 PM where we will have dinner.
After the day's activities, the group can visit the Humantay lagoon if they wish.
Soraypampa - Chaullay
Early in the morning we will have our breakfast and then we will start a 3-hour walk until we reach the highest point of our expedition, the Salkantay Pass (4,600 meters above sea level). From there, we walked towards Wayracpunku, for our next meal. Afterwards, the trip will continue towards the high jungle where we will observe large trees with their arms extended over the streams, all full of bromeliads and orchids. This walk will take about 5 hours to reach our camp in Chaullay where we will have dinner and rest.
Chaullay - Hydroelectric - Aguas Calientes
The next morning, after a good breakfast, we continue our trip to our next stop in Sahoyacco (La Playa) , where we will have a delicious lunch and where we wait for our private bus , which will take us to Hydroelectric , passing through the city of Santa Teresa and then we will continue walking along the train track to our final destination, Aguas Calientes . We will walk for approximately 2 and a half hours , on the way we will find beautiful waterfalls, rivers and beautiful landscapes, we will arrive at the city of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes) between approximately 5:00 or 6:00 PM . Here the group will spend the night in an accommodation, destined by the agency. In the evening we will all meet at a local restaurant to enjoy a great dinner and have an informative session of our guide, about our next excursion.
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
The group will get up early to go to Machu Picchu , following an ascending route through the high forest, we will have the opportunity to see the sunrise. The guide will show us the sanctuary for 2 hours. approx. Later, the group can enjoy Machu Picchu on their own . We return walking (2 hours) Aguas Calientes to Hydroelectric where our bus (3 pm) waits to return to the city of Cusco, arriving around 9:00 PM . Note: There is the possibility of spending another night in the city of Machu Picchu paying $ 30 extra, and return the next day (if you want to climb the Huayna Picchu or the Machu Picchu Mountain).
Check availability before booking.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Cusco to Mollepata.
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- Large dining and kitchen tent.
- Chairs and dining tables.
- First aid kit.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Professional bilingual guide, cook and assistants. The following meals: 3 x lunch, 3 x dinner, 3 x breakfast (optional vegetarian).
- 1 night accommodation in a hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping bags.
- Personal care items.
- Additional horse
- Tips for the guide and riders.
- Breakfast on the first day, lunch and dinner on the last day.
- Strong shoes for walking or tennis.
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- A bottle of water.
- Hat or cap
- Layer of rain / Pancho.
- Long-sleeve shirt.
- Long and short pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunblock with a UV Factor of at least 40.
- Toilet paper.
- Plastic bags.
- Camera with extra batteries and film.
- Medical or personal items.
- Lightweight backpack
- It is not recommended for patients with back problems.
- It is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious ailments.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women.
- Cancellations with 72 hrs. in advance they opt for a refund of 50% of the cost of the activity.