Mollepata - Soraypampa
The first day of the Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu will begin with the pick-up from the hotel at 4:30 am to go by bus to the town of Mollepata, where we will enjoy our breakfast and then continue our trip on the same bus to reach Challacancha (3600 masl) which is the starting point of the Salkantay trek, our 3-hour trek in which we can appreciate the flora and fauna of the Peruvian Andes, ends at our first camp named Soraypampa, where we will also enjoy a nutritious lunch, after enjoying a well-deserved siesta we will go towards the lagoon of Humantay, lagoon that is surrounded by the imposing apus of Humantay and Salkantay.
Soraypampa - Chaullay
We have our breakfast Approx. at 5:30 am and we begin our trek to the highest point of the entire 4650m asl, located in the middle of the road between 2 Salkantay mountains on the right and Tucarhuay on the left, the famous Umantay. We will enjoy the view of 2 snowy peaks, after a break we will continue our hike through a forest cloud towards huayracpunku where we will have a lunch, then we will head towards our second camp located in chaullay or colcapampa 3000 masl
Chaullay - Lucmabamba - Llaqtapata
After having breakfast around 8 am, we will go by bus to Lucmabamba. From there we walk to the ruins of Llaqtapata in about 2 hours and after a short break, we will descend for another half hour to the lodge in Llaqtapata. We will have lunch in this amazing place with an amazing view of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu and free time for the rest of the afternoon to relax, explore the area or go horseback riding. Then we will have a traditional Peruvian dinner and we will have a good night of rest to prepare for the next day.
Llaqtapata - Aguas Calientes
This day, after a good breakfast we begin the descent for approximately 1.5 hours to the Ahobamba river where the bus awaits us. Those who booked in advance will zipline or go to the hot springs near Santa Teresa. The rest of the group will go to the meeting point in Hidroelectrica where the whole group will join for lunch after the activities. After a little rest in this place, we will continue walking along the track of the train that leads through this great Inca jungle towards the town of Aguas Calientes or also known as Machu Picchu town. We walked for about 3 hours. On the way you will find beautiful waterfalls, different Eco farms and possibly the curious wildlife of your arrival in the region (arrival set for around 4:00 pm). At night we will all meet at a local restaurant to enjoy a great dinner and have a briefing about our next excursion to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu the next day. Here the group will spend the night in a hostel.
Machu Picchu - Cusco
At the last of the trek to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, we get up early in the morning around 4 am to have breakfast at 4:30 am then take a hike to Machu Picchu, which will take an hour and a half to reach Machu Picchu to appreciate the magnificent city of Machu Picchu as well as sunrise. We have guided in Machu Picchu (approximately 2 hours) after this you can explore the mysterious city of Machu Picchu by yourself. if you still have energy you can also climb the mountain of Huaynapicchu (2720m) which will take you 45 minutes to reach the summit, the latter is optional. Return to Cusco, if you want an extra night in Aguas Calientes, it can be arranged. (Please let us know if you would like to stay an additional night when you book your trip).
Check availability before making the reservation.
- Bilingual professional guide and a guide assistant (for a group of 10 or more people).
- Bus to mollepata.
- Tourist train back to Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Food: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches 4 snacks in the afternoon (hot drinks and popcorn) and 4 dinners.
- Professional chef
- Quadruple stores for two people.
- Camping equipment (kitchen and dining tent, chairs and tables).
- Mattresses for the floor.
- Arriero, mules or porters (to load camping equipment and food).
- 1 night of lodging in Aguas calientes.
- Oxygen balloon for some emergency.
- Vegetarian option
- Entrance to the Salkantay National Park (30 soles or 10 dollars) in case you require a ticket.
- The first breakfast in Mollepata and the last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the thermal baths (santa teresa 5 soles).
- Hot water (10 soles).
- Sleeping bag.
- Hot water bus ticket to Machupicchu (optional) 12 dollars up or down (6 dollars) and you usually buy this at the hot water bus station. Horse water bottle.
- Shoes for mountain hiking or tennis shoes.
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- Hat or cap
- At least one bottle of water
- A good layer of rain.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long pants and shorts.
- Insect repellent.
- A sunscreen with a UV factor of at least 40.
- Toilet paper.
- Plastic bags.
- Medical or personal items
- One light backpack per person.
- Camera and charger.
- Some money.
- It is not recommended for patients with back problems.
- It is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious ailments.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Cancellations with 72 hrs. in advance opt for a refund of 50% of the cost of the activity.