Salkantay Trekking Tour 7 days 6 nights. Includes city tour, lodging, bilingual guide, transportation, entrance tickets, some meals.
Cusco City Tour - Archeological Sites
The Salkantay Trekking tour 7 days 6 nights starts with the pick-up at your hotel at 8:00 a.m. We will do a 4-hour tour in the city of Cusco and surroundings: Convent of Santo Domingo, Sacsayhuaman, Q'enqo, Pukapukara and Tambomachay. We will return to Cusco at night and leave you in the main square or in your hotel.
Sacred Valley of the Incas - Ollantaytambo - Chincheros (B, L, D)
We will have breakfast and leave for the Sacred Valley of the Incas at 8:30 am , bound for the city of Pisaq. We will visit the local market with artisan products and the square.
We will continue our trip along the Vilcanota river until we reach Urubamba where we will have a buffet lunch. Next, we will travel to Ollantaytambo and visit its archaeological centers. Then we will start the return to Cusco via Chincheros, another tourist and colonial center where we will visit the church and the square. We will arrive in Cusco at the end of the day and spend the night at your hotel.
Soraypampa - Chaullay or Collpapampa (B, L, D)
Our trip will take us to the changing nature of the dry landscape of snowy peaks and tropical grass. We will ascend to the highest point of the Salkantay trek, located halfway between two huge mountains that are Salkantay and Tucarhuay.
After lunch, we will walk to our camp for the night.
Chuallay - The Beach - Santa Teresa (B, L, D)
We begin the trek through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamaya River and a variety of small streams to reach La Playa. You will see wonderful landscapes such as waterfalls, tropical fruits, plants, birds and wildlife. After La Playa we pass through Mollepata to reach Santa Teresa, where we will set up our camp in a warmer climate.
After resting, we will enjoy in the hot springs of Santa Teresa.
Santa Teresa - Hydroelectric - Aguas Calientes (B, L, D)
We will leave our camp and cross the Santa Teresa bridge, passing through a variety of crop plantations such as cocoa, banana, papaya and other fruits.
We will have lunch and, after a break, we will start the two and a half hour walk along the road until we reach Aguas Calientes, also known as Machu Picchu town. You will have free time to spend the day as you prefer, resting in your hotel, relaxing in the hot springs of Aguas Calientes, visiting the trails around the city or exploring the many restaurants, among others.
Full day in Machu Picchu
After breakfast we will start our 1 hour ascent to Machu Picchu on foot or by bus (optional). You will meet your guide at the entrance to start the 2-hour tour. Then you will have free time to explore on your own.
After lunch, we will board a train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then be transferred to Cusco by bus.
End of tour (B) (Optional)
You can enjoy your breakfast at your hotel before a driver takes you to the airport for your flight or go to the bus station to go to your next destination.
Check availability before booking.
- 3 hotel nights.
- 1 night from Aguas Calientes.
- Professional guide Spanish and English.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo.
- All entrance tickets to the places mentioned in the program.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu and Ollaytatambo - Cusco.
- Meals according to itinerary.
- International flight tickets.
- Meals (lunch and dinner) in Cusco.
- Extra horse to carry your personal belongings.
- Personal expenses
- Mountain hiking shoes or tennis shoes .
- Sweater and thick jacket.
- Hat or cap.
- At least one bottle of water.
- A good layer of rain .
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Long and short pants.
- Insect repellent
- A sunscreen with a UV factor of at least 40.
- Toilet paper.
- Plastic bags.
- Medical or personal items .
- One light backpack per person.
- Camera and charger.
- Some money.
- It is not recommended for patients with back problems.
- It is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious ailments.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Cancellations with 72 hrs. in advance they opt for a refund to be agreed with the operator.