Trekking Salkantay with accommodation in Domes. Tour of 5 days and 4 nights. Includes guided visit to Machu Picchu and admission ticket.
Before booking this activity you should check that there are places available for the date you wish to do it. Once the reservation is made you will receive a confirmation from our team within 48 hours. confirming your reservation, this due to the high demand for the same tickets.
The name of the tickets for this activity is "Machu Picchu - Starting at 6:00 am" .
Cusco - Mollepata - Challacancha - Soraypampa
We will pick you up at your hotel between 04:30 and 05:00 am in the agency's transport. We will travel for two and a half hours along a road where you can see the beautiful landscapes that surround the Cusco valley, such as the Salkantay mountain and several high Andean villages.
We will arrive at the town of Mollepata (2900 masl) where we will have breakfast. You can also do some shopping.
Then we will continue the route for an hour to Challacancha (3600 masl). During this tour you will see the impressive valleys of Mollepata. In Challacancha we will meet the members of our team and make a brief explanation before the walk. We will start with a 3-hour route, where you will see the impressive snowfall of Humantay (5917 masl).
Arriving at the domes in Soraypampa (3910 masl) we will observe the impressive mountain of Salkantay . Our team will be waiting for us at the camp and then proceed to have an Andean lunch and a 30-minute break. Then we will start the walk towards the lagoon of Humantay for 1 hour and a half. We will have time to enjoy the beautiful landscape of the lagoon and the mountain glaciers and then descend for an hour to the camp. To end the day we will have a dinner.
Soraypampa - Abra Salkantay - Chaullay
The day starts at 05:00 hrs. with a good breakfast that gives us energy to undertake the most difficult hike on the road for an hour to Salkantaypampa (4100 masl). Here we will have a short rest and we will continue walking upwards for an hour until Soyrococha (4400 masl) we will rest and have a snack.
The road will continue for an hour to the highest point of the trek, the Abra Salkantay (4650 masl), located between the two imposing snow-capped mountains of Humantay (5917 masl) and Salkantay (6271 masl).
Then, we will descend for an hour and a half to Wayracpampa where our team will be waiting for us with lunch. Then, we will begin the descent to the cloud forest and observe the change of climate and vegetation. We will go down to Chaullay where we will spend the night in our camp. Here we will enjoy tea and dinner. And so ends the longest and toughest day of the tour with 8 hours of walking.
Chaullay - Sahuayaco Beach - Santa Teresa
This day begins with a nutritious and comforting breakfast to start the walk through crops of coca leaves, bananas, granadilla, etc., typical products of the area. It is a five-hour descent section to the beach (2200 masl). Here we will have lunch and have a short break before making a 50-minute bus trip to Santa Teresa , where we will spend the night.
Optional: Visit the Cocalmayo Hot Springs .
Santa Teresa - Hydroelectric - Aguas Calientes
At dawn you can appreciate the nature of the sector and enjoy a rich breakfast before embarking on the six-hour walk to Aguas Calientes.
Upon arrival at Hidroeléctrica , we will enjoy our lunch in a tourist restaurant. Our route continues through beautiful landscapes with waterfalls coming from the glaciers.
Upon arriving in Aguas Calientes we will be accommodated in a basic lodging. Then, we will enjoy dinner at a tourist restaurant. Finally, we will coordinate with the guide the details of the next day.
Optional: Train service, Hydroelectric to Aguas Calientes.
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
Our last day of tour starts at 04:30 hrs to appreciate the sunrise in Machu Picchu .
It will be an hour and a half walk to the Inca citadel , where we will have a two-hour tour with our guide through the most important buildings and temples. Then you will have time to explore Machu Picchu on your own, with the option of climbing the mountain Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu (not included in the tour) and see other places of interest.
Finally, we will return to the town of Aguas Calientes to begin our walk to Hydroelectric to take our bus that will take us back to Cusco.
- Transportation from Cusco to Challacancha
- Bilingual guide
- Cook and Cooking Equipment
- 04 breakfasts, 04 lunches, 04 dinners.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Return by hydroelectric bus
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Dome (quadruple, triple and double room)
- Inflatable mats
- Sleeping bag
- Breakfast first morning ( 10-12 soles * )
- Towels, Soap and Shampoo in domes ( 20 soles * )
- Private dome (US $ 40, only for reservations of 2 people )
- Entrance to the park ( 10 soles * )
- Camping shower ( 10 soles * )
- Transportation to the hot springs of Qocalmayo *
- Entrance to Qocalmayo hot springs ( 10 soles * )
- Bus ticket Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu *
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo + Bus from Ollantaytambo to Cusco (+ US $ 110 *)
- Lunch last day after the visit to Machu Picchu
(*) Optional activities
- Original Passport
- Walking Boots (Preferably waterproof with ankle protectors)
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Wool jacket for heating, hat and gloves
- Polo shirts or T-shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun Hat
- Sunscreen Cream (Recommended Factor 50)
- Towel, soap and shampoo
- Insect repellent
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Camera or Camcorder
- Flashlight with spare battery
- Maximum backpack of 4 kilos per person
- The hot water in the domes is solar, so it depends on the weather conditions whether or not there is hot water
- You must have travel insurance to perform this activity
- Not recommended for people 65 years and older unless you have a medical note that says that the person is able to withstand heights close to 4600 meters above sea level.
- Not recommended for people with heart problems and / or pregnant .
- Not recommended for children under 10 years .
- Cancellations with 12 hrs in advance are eligible for a 50% refund of the total cost of the activity.