The Sacred Valley was a key zone of settlement of the Incas that served to protect Cusco from the overflows of the Andes and wild beasts of the jungle. Today it continues to be an agricultural region that supplies the city with products such as corn, fruits and vegetables.
To be able to carry out this activity you must buy the "BTC" (Tourist Ticket of Cusco). If you want to know more places besides those you will meet in this activity or you will do another activity that requires it, we recommend that you buy the "Complete Tourist Ticket" , since it has a duration of 10 days and provides access to all cultural and recreational sites. archaeological sites of the city
At 8.20 am we will meet at the agency in Cusco. We will begin the experience in a tourist bus, going through Saqsaywaman and Tambomachay towards the Sacred Valley.
We descend 1500 feet to the bottom of the valley of the sacred river Urubamba and the town of Pisac where we will visit a traditional market.
Next, we will drive to explore the extensive ruins of Pisac with stunning views over the valley. On the guided walk to the citadel of Pisac you can see temples, residences, altars, canals, sculptures, tunnels, caves and the famous Intihuatana, El Poste del Sol .
For those who prefer to spend more time in the market, instead of visiting the ruins, they can let their guide know so they can organize a time and place to pick them up when they return to the market.
We will continue to Urubamba where we will stop for lunch (not included). Another 30 minutes by car will take us to Ollantaytambo , a place surrounded by the sacred mountains. Here we will see the incredible Temple of the Sun , huge perfectly carved and polished rock blocks, stone water fountains, stairs, terraces and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress, all surrounded by the sacred mountains and the Patacancha Valley and Willoq
Upon our return, we will visit the famous church and archeological site of Chincheros quickly, arriving in Cusco around 6:30 pm .
- Private bus
- English speaking guide
- Pisac Market approximately 25 minutes
- Visit of the ruins of Pisac approximately 90 minutes
- Urubamba for lunch approximately 45 minutes (30-45 soles buffet lunch not included)
- Visit of Ollantaytambo approx 60 minutes
- Chincheros visit approximately 30 minutes.
- Entrance tickets to visit 3 cities / Inca sites (S./70). This ticket can be purchased in the first Inca city we visited, or you can also buy the 10-day Cusco ticket. (* Tickets to visit the Sacred Valley must be purchased in person presenting your passport or identity document, this depending on the document registered at the entrance of the country)
- Buffet lunch in Urubamba (S / 30 - 35) -Optional. (Note that if you want a better or cheaper option just ask your guide, you are not required to have lunch here)
- Water bottle, camera, sunscreen, hat
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Money for lunch and memories
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Tourist Ticket of Cusco
- A warm clothes to return to Cusco
- They do not exist
- Cancellations with 24 hrs. in advance opt for a refund of 100% of the cost of the activity.